It’s 0500 here and I’ve been awake for the last 40-50 minutes as Reindeer is unsettled. He’s rolling about in bed a bit and occasionally making sounds, although nothing that requires my presence so far.
It’s the ‘so far’ that’s causing the problem. Knowing he isn’t in a settled sleep, I can’t now allow myself to go back to sleep for fear that he’ll need me. Given that I was up until 0130 painting the dining room this is far from ideal.
I’m laying here musing on the following:
- I need sleep
- Reindeer might need me
- If I fall asleep and have to wake up 10 minutes later I’ll be groggy
- He sleeps through the night much more frequently now which makes times like this harder
- Why does it make times like this harder
- I used to get up at 0530 for work so why do I feel so rotten now?
- Should I get up and do another coat of painting since I’m awake anyway?
I don’t think I valued sleep enough before Reindeer arrived!